Travelling is something I am really passionate about. I just love to travel and explore the world. I have had amazing experiences (from which I learnt a lot) and lovely memories from all my trips since childhood till today. I am just back from a lovely vacation with my family and we had an awesome trip to Rajasthan.
So let’s look at 30 Reasons – Why you should travel around the world
- It helps in increasing your happiness quotient
- It is an eye opener
- It helps in experiencing new culture
- It helps to experience adventure
- You get to meet new people and create new friendships
- Taste and enjoy different types of food
- It helps in relaxing and rejuvenating
- It helps you in developing your personality
- You get to know and learn about yourself better
- It helps in improving your relationships with others
- It helps you to develop skills you didn’t know you had
- It helps you to look at things from a different perspective
- It helps to educate yourself
- It helps you in believing in yourself that you can do it
- It helps in adding to your life experiences to learn from
- It helps in achieving yours dreams
- It gives you fond memories for a life time
- It helps you in going out of your daily routine
- It helps you in finding a new purpose in life
- Once you start staying away – you will learn to appreciate your home
- It helps you realise how limited your knowledge and mind is
- It helps you realise that everyone around the world has similar needs
- It helps you in enjoying small things in life apart from big things in life
- It helps you in realising that life is a wonderful and beautiful journey
- It helps you to learn to live in the moment and be present today
- It helps you in learning to appreciate people better
- It helps you in learning to handle situations better
- It helps you in enhancing your photography skills
- It helps you in experiencing life as never before
- It helps you in looking at it (traveling) as a new source of income
This brings me to introducing you to one of my friends John Edwards who was in Mumbai recently. He is an Ex-Air Force Electronics and Telecom engineer who left his job and turned into professional photographer and later as a creative consultant. His works have been published on People, Fashion, Editorial and Industrial photography.
After contributing a decade of extensive shooting for Indian Garment Export Industry and Fashion fraternity, he started teaching photography and visual communication in various colleges like Pearl Academy, YMCA, YWCA, WLC, TGC, and St. Joseph’s College (Bangalore) in the span of 11 years. He has also been appointed as a “Canon Mentor” and conducts workshops in Pan India on various genres of Photography. He is not only a photographer, but also an excellent artist, a good speaker, a humble teacher and a friendly mentor who always likes to try something new.
Why am I writing about him?
Because he is on a MISSION….”SMILES 5000 MILES” (his brainchild), where he is covering around 5000 miles starting from Delhi, on his custom made Royal Enfield to shoot 5000 smiles of people from across the country in a span of 50 days.
Cruising through 15 States on 15 National Highways, North South corridor and Golden Quadrilateral, this journey is definitely going to be a life changing event for him as he is not only shooting 5000 smiles but also going to collect 50 stories of happy people. To get a real essence of India’s rich cultural hospitality, he is avoiding staying in Hotels, Motels and Guest houses and he is asking random strangers to provide night shelter and food. He is already experiencing amazing first-hand experiences of security, trust, mankind, tolerance, and brotherhood or the absence of them from unknown is a part of the journey he has designed.
This is neither a regular Roadies trip nor an Adventure biking challenge. For him, riding 5000 miles on a bike alone in summer Indian roads is less challenging than shooting 5000 happy smiles and asking 50 people/families to accommodate him and in the process collecting their life stories.
The Outcome of this amazing and fantastic journey is going to be a Coffee Table Book, an exhibition of Photographs and screening of the documentary of the journey.
Wow… this is amazing…!
I am all excited to read his book, see his exhibition and listen to the amazing stories and experiences.
Watch this space for his interview too to be published soon with us… Know more about this exciting journey and stay connected and tuned with him, click the link below.
John Edwards – Smiles 5000 Miles <— Click here